Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Wanting to visit the Tane Mahuta

I would love to go and see the Tane Mahuta tree around New Zealand. 
I would go and see it because Tane Mahuta is the god of the forest and 
cause it is the biggest tree anyone will see in New Zealand.There are also 
places where you can go and see the Tane Mahuta like Auckland,
Coromandel and the Northland. If you didn't know in the Waipoua forest 
in the Northland there is the Tane Mahuta tree and it is the biggest one
 anyone will see in New Zealand. 
Image result for tane mahuta waipoua forest

2 comments:

Izzy SLJ said...

Kia Ora Meliana

It was really interesting reading about Tāne Mahuta on your blog.

Tāne Mahuta is a pretty amazing Kauri tree. I’ve not ever been to visit it myself but I imagine that it is quite a powerful sight. They think that is could be as old as 2500 years! Can you imagine living that long? Imagine how much New Zealand has changed over that time.

It was cool to read about all the other Kauri locations across New Zealand (in Auckland, the Coromandel and other locations in northland). We are pretty lucky to have such a powerful tree in our regions.

I love the illustration of Tāne Mahuta that you chose to use to show him as god of the forest. Where did you get it from?

Thanks for all the info.

By for now,
Izzy

Meliana @ Glen Innes school said...

Hi Izzy I got Tane Mahuta the god of the forest when I was in school my maori teacher would read stories about the gods and one Tane Mahuta came up I had just remember about him being the god of the forest.

Post a Comment