Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Fun facts about Aotearoa ( New Zealand )

My top 3 fun facts about New Zealand:

1.  The Maori name for beautiful New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the 
long white cloud and the god for the clouds is Tāwhirimātea.

2.  New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird and the god for the native is Rūaumoko

3.  New Zealand is on the top list of tourism that means people 
around the world comes and see all the things that are most famous 
in New Zealand.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Meliana,
These facts are awesome! I really loved each and every one of them! Right off the bat which one is your absolute favourite? Talk to you soon!

Alicia:)

Ana @ Glen Innes School said...

Mālō e lelei Meliana and you have done a incredible job with your work. Do you like the facts that you have picked? Because I do and I didn't know some facts that actually existed.

Bye talk to you later.

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Meliana,

My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team this year. It is so great to see that you are participating in the SLJ this summer. Welcome to the team!

I an see that you have already posted a number of activities on your blog but I wanted to go right back to the beginning and comment on your very first activity. I really enjoyed reading through your facts. I did not know that the name of the 'God of the Clouds' is Tāwhirimātea. I will have to tell my son, Aronui, as he is learning about Māori mythology at school and will find this fact really interesting! Aronui is half-Māori and half-Canadian (like me) and is fascinated to learn more about the history of New Zealand (NZ).

When you were reading through the cool facts about NZ, did you come across anything that surprised you or fascinated you? I hope so!

Keep up the great work with the SLJ, Meliana. It is wonderful to have you as part of our blogging team this year.

Warm regards,
Rachel :)

Post a Comment